A Brief History
Clarence Bowling Club was founded in 1907, followed in 1926 by Clarence Ladies’ Bowling Club. In 1965, Wessex Ladies’ Bowling Club was formed, and continues to share our facilities.
In 2002, following a generous legacy from former club-member Les Andrews – and a great deal of hard work by our members – the Les Andrews pavilion was opened by David Bryant MBE and this provides us with one of the best clubhouse facilities in the country.
In 2017, Clarence Ladies joined Clarence Bowling Club to form a mixed club – whilst Wessex Ladies voted to remain independent.
The clubs continue to work harmoniously together and the Clarence Park Bowling Association looks after our outside spaces – very ably supported by Avon Sportsground Maintainance who, under the supervision of our Greens Manager, maintain our three greens to a very high standard.